Thursday, January 14, 2016

Two Good Things...

Today I am writing about two good (actually great) things:

1. Getting more sleep
2. A free printable

If you are over the age of 5, you probably like sleep and do your best to get a reasonable amount. If you are under the age of 5, you probably try to avoid sleep like the plague. If you are the parent of someone under the age of 5, this can be a problem.

My daughter has always been a relatively good sleeper, however she did have a tendency to start her day ridiculously early (5:30 am) when she was little (ages 1 - 4). Then, when she was about 4 years old, she started waking up a few times during the night. I did not enjoy this new development. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and come up with a reward system that might help her sleep through the night again.

I came up with "sleep tickets". I designed a bunch of these cute tickets, printed them on card stock and cut them out. Each morning, if my daughter had had a good night's sleep (no wake-ups), she received a sleep ticket. At the end of a set period of time, we counted up her sleep tickets, and if she had enough, she got a reward.


























My daughter is incredibly reward-motivated, so this system worked like a charm! I do not claim to be an expert on getting children to sleep better, but the sleep tickets worked for us. And if it helps at least one little munchkin (and their parents) get a bit more rest, then I call that a success!


























You can download your free printable right here.

Simply print, cut out and enjoy!

xo
Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment