Saturday, January 9, 2016

Here's to new beginnings...





















Image cred: PinkPot

Here's to a new year full of potential!
It appears that I have abandoned this blog for long enough. Finally, the pull to create and share my creations has gotten so strong that I can no longer ignore it. That's a dramatic way of saying: I'm ready to take some concrete steps towards living a more creative life and putting my art 'out there' - ha!
I find myself constantly composing blog posts in my head, or coming up with ideas for designs or paintings. And I guess it just feels like the right time to get those things out of my head.
The kids are a little bit older now and are both in school full time. So, that frees up a bit of my energy. Plus, we are living close to family again. I guess there is something about having the security of family, friends and supporters around that makes me more inclined to take risks (I am naturally so incredibly risk-adverse)!
So, here it goes.... Here are my goals for 2016:

1. Start posting on this blog again (at least 3 times per week).
2. Open an etsy store, focusing on printables of my designs. I have signed up for Etsy Resolution Canada - an amazing-sounding group that I hope will give me the motivation and the tools to finally get my store up and running. Sign up before Jan 25th!!!
3. To sell at least one piece on society6.
4. To work on at least one painting per month.

So, there you have it, my goals for the new year. I will keep you posted on my progress. Did you make any resolutions or goals for 2016? I would love to hear them!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment