Monday, June 8, 2009

Getting Ready

With my daughter's first birthday just two days away, I have turned into a crafting machine. I am making a paper 'Happy Birthday' banner, which I started assembling yesterday.


I also purchased Martha Stewart's Tissue Paper Pom-Pom Kit, and will be hanging the pom-poms from the ceiling. I will be making her cupcakes from scratch (please wish me luck on that one), and am making cupcake toppers from the same paper that I used for the banner.


I also made her a birthday onesie (that's my design, above). When I told my husband what I was doing, he said "Don't they sell pre-made 'first birthday' outfits?". I just looked at him and said, "Do you even know me? Of course I HAVE to make it myself!". It's just way too much fun.

I'm going for a casual, summer garden-party vibe. Hopefully it turns out - I will post pictures once we have everything set up.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment